Postdoc PositionsWe anticipate having one or possibly more postdoctoral research positions at Caltech (with the possibility of extended travel to one of the three LIGO Observatories). Hires will be made based on the availability of funding.
Successful applicants will be involved one or more of the following:
- the commissioning and debugging of the existing LIGO instruments
- exploration of new physics using the LIGO instruments
- development of the next generation GW detector LIGO Voyager
- laboratory scale experiments to explore the limits of quantum measurements
- Table Top tests of Spacetime beyond Einstein's GR.'
Appointments at the post-doctoral level will initially be for one year with the possibility of renewal for up to two subsequent years.
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons are encouraged to apply. Applications should include curriculum vitae, list of publications (with refereed articles noted), and the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three or more references. Applications should be sent to loly AT caltech.edu (PDF format only). Please attach a cover letter describing past experience, as well as current and future research interests.
Applicants should also request that three or more letters of recommendations be sent directly to loly AT caltech.edu.
Consideration of applications happens continuously.
For information on postdoctoral positions within the LIGO Laboratory, please look here.